at the Cork
( 70 days to go!)
The Town & Gown Gaudy Gala will take place at the Irish Discworld Convention on Sunday 8th of October 2017. The price for the dinner is €40 per person, and includes a pre-dinner drinks reception.
- Please note that you must be a member of the Convention to purchase a ticket and attend the Gala dinner. The Gala Dinner is separate to your membership, and you must book your ticket in advance to be allowed to come.
- Your choice of pre-gala drink is not a final order, and can be changed on the night; this is just to help us gauge numbers in advance (though the rest of the options will not be changeable).
- Under ‘Seating Requests’, please be sure to put the name and membership number of anyone you'd like to be seated with or avoid; we will do our best to accommodate all requests.
About the Town & Gown Gaudy Gala
As the main faculty have retreated for their staff training during our fair University's momentous Open Doors Weekend, commandeering most of the kitchen staff, the usual dozen or more courses will not be available to U.U. guests for the annual Gaudy Night banquet. We shall, however, soldier on, and have managed to find a chef who specialises in Roundworld cuisine to tickle our taste buds for the night. In a nod to the inclusive nature of our weekend, this Gaudy night will also be open to the ‘Town’ (the Guild members and other denizens of Ankh-Morpork), our visiting colleagues from Bugarup University & Brazeneck College, and of course, the elegant witches who have graced us with their presence. As per Tradition, we will still be expecting each of our attending wizards to outdo their fellows in the splendour of their robes (the dress code being formal, semi-formal, or costume); though in deference to Health and Safety, we have decided to omit the usual Tradition of throwing the gaudiest-dressed attendee into the Ankh.
A pre-dinner drink from the selection above, followed by:
- Winter Root Vegetable Soup
- Poached Bacon Ballotine Wrapped in Parma Ham
In the Middle:
- Roast Supreme of Chicken with Mash Potato & Gravy Jus
- Bandon Braised Beef Brisket Wrapped in Parma Ham with Roast Gravy
- Oven Baked Hake Fillet with tomato dill sauce
- Chick Pea & Sweet Potato Tagine with Basmati Rice
- Homemade Apple Crumble
- Lemon Curd Tuile with Chantilly Cream
And then finished off with freshly brewed Tea and Coffee.